Projects worked on in 2013 - 2015
- Consulting on the development of BHP's Spence Growth Option Project - Minera Spence S.A., wholly owned by BHP Billiton is developing the Selection Phase study (SPS) for the Spence Growth Option (SGO) Project (Project) by which it would mine and process the hypogene ore that lies below the current oxide and supergene deposit. The hypogene ore would be processed through a new concentrator constructed close to the existing Spence oxide leaching facility. The mine property is located near the village of Sierra Gorda in the Antofagasta Region of Chile and adjacent to highway 25: a main artery link between the city of Calama and Ruta 5. Scope includes the evaluation of the Woodgrove's SFR Flotation technology for application on the project for potential savings of capital and operating costs.
- Consulted for the development of BHP's Jansen Potash Project - The Jansen Project has been designed to maximize the value of the estimated 6.7 billion tonne Lower Patience Lake Jansen ore-body located some 140 km south east of Saskatoon through the staged development of the asset. The deposit is at a depth of approximately 900-1,000m with the ore dipping gently from the north-east to the south-west. The deposit contains 3,320mt of indicated resource with a 25.7% grade. The Project has been granted approval for development by the Saskatchewan Government by virtue of the Subsurface Mineral Lease (KLSA) being issued. This initial development stage supports the establishment of an organization to manage BHP Billiton’s Potash Projects in Canada and to grow the business with a series of projects and to establish a business model that results in a reduction in development and operating costs over time.
- Consulting in the development of project procedures for Minsur S.A. in Lima , Peru - Scope: Support the development and assessment of existing project/engineering/management systems; • Technical support for project development inclusive of procedural design, process design, cost estimation (directs/indirects) risk assessment • Execution Strategies, • Coordination and/or support of various project reviews; • Development of improvement plan and optimization (PVA), and • Facilitation of workshops and /or training sessions.
- Consulting in the project development and review of the Pyrite flotation project for Freeport McMoRan’s Indonesia Copper& Gold operation in West Papua, Indonesia.Scope includes the evaluation and review of the pilot testing of the Woodgrove's SFR Flotation technology and Contact Cell Flotation for application on the project as well as other potential savings of capital and operating costs.
- Consulting in the development of project procedures for Sierra Gorda SCM in Las Condes - Santiago, Chile – Work is in support of the Phase II expansion of the 110 ktpd operation in Northern Chile.Scope: Support the development and assessment of existing project/engineering/management systems; • Technical support for project development inclusive of procedural design, process design, cost estimation (directs/indirects) risk assessment • Execution Strategies, • Coordination and/or support of various project reviews.